6AAE. (1) The assessee undertaking agricultural extension project shall maintain separate books of account of the agricultural extension project notified under sub-section (1) of section 35CCC, and get such books of account audited by an accountant as defined in the Explanation below sub-section (2) of section 288.
(2) The audit report referred to in sub-rule (1) shall include the comments of the auditor on the true and fair view of the books of account maintained for agricultural extension project, the genuineness of the activities of the agricultural extension project and fulfilment of the conditions specified in the relevant provisions of the Act or the rules or the conditions mentioned in the 1[notification issued under sub-rule (6) or sub-rule (9) of rule 6AAD. ]
(3) The assessee shall not accept an amount exceeding the amount as approved in the notification from the beneficiary under the eligible agricultural extension project for training, education, guidance or any material distributed for the purposes of such training, education or guidance.
(4) The assessee shall not get any direct or indirect benefit from the notified agricultural extension project except the deduction of the eligible expenditure in accordance with the provisions of section 35CCC of the Act, rule 6AAD and this rule.
(5) All expenses (not being expenditure in the nature of cost of any land or building), as reduced by the amount received from beneficiary, if any, incurred wholly and exclusively for undertaking an eligible agricultural extension project shall be eligible for deduction under section 35CCC :
Provided that any expenditure incurred on the agricultural extension project which is reimbursed or reimbursable to the assessee by any person, whether directly or indirectly, shall not be eligible for deduction under section 35CCC.
(6) The assessee shall, on or before the due date of furnishing the return of income under sub-section (1) of section 139, furnish the following to the Commissioner of Income-tax or the Director of Income-tax, as the case may be, namely:—
(a) the audited statement of accounts of the agricultural extension projects for the previous year along with the audit report and amount of deduction claimed under sub-section (1) of section 35CCC;
(b) a note on the agricultural extension project undertaken by it during the previous year and the programme of agricultural extension project to be undertaken during the current year and the financial allocation for such programme; and
(c) a certificate from the Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India, regarding the genuineness of the agricultural extension project undertaken by the assessee during the previous year.
(7) If the Commissioner of Income-tax or the Director of Income-tax, as the case may be, is satisfied that the,—
(a) assessee has not maintained separate books of account for the agricultural extension project or has not got such books of account audited by an accountant in accordance with sub-rule (1);
(b) assessee has not furnished the documents referred to in sub-rule (6);
(c) assessee has ceased to carry out activities of agricultural extension project;
(d) activities of agricultural extension project of the assessee are not genuine; or
(e) activities of the agricultural extension project are not being carried out in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Act or the rules or the conditions subject to which the notification was issued, he may, after making appropriate inquires, furnish a report on the circumstances referred to in clauses (a) to (e) to the CBDT 2[for appropriate action as per the provisions of sub-rule (11) of rule 6AAD.
Create a free account to get access and start
creating something amazing right now!