6AAG. (1) The company undertaking skill development project shall maintain separate books of account of the skill development project notified under sub-section (1) of section 35CCD, and get such books of account audited by an accountant as defined in the Explanation below sub-section (2) of section 288.
(2) The audit report referred to in sub-rule (1) shall include the comments of the auditor on the true and fair view of the books of account maintained for skill development project, the genuineness of the activities of the skill development project and fulfilment of the conditions specified in the relevant provisions of the Act or the rules or the conditions mentioned in the notification issued under sub-rule (10) or sub-rule (11) of rule 6AAF.
(3) A skill development project in respect of existing employees of the company shall not be eligible for notification under sub-section (1) of section 35CCD, where the training of such employees commences after six months of their recruitment.
(4) All expenses (not being expenditure in the nature of cost of any land or building), incurred wholly and exclusively for undertaking a notified skill development project shall be eligible for deduction under section 35CCD :
Provided that any expenditure incurred on the skill development project which is reimbursed or reimbursable to the company by any person, whether directly or indirectly, shall not be eligible for deduction under section 35CCD.
(5) The company shall, on or before the due date of furnishing the return of income under sub-section (1) of section 139, furnish the audited statement of accounts of the skill development project for the previous year along with the audit report and amount of deduction claimed under sub-section (1) of section 35CCD to the Commissioner of Income-tax or the Director of Income-tax, as the case may be.
(6) If the Commissioner of Income-tax or the Director of Income-tax, as the case may be, is satisfied that the,—
(a) company has not maintained separate books of account for the skill development project or has not got such books of account audited by an accountant in accordance with sub-rule (1);
(b) company has not furnished the documents referred to in sub-rule (5);
(c) company has ceased to carry out activities of skill development project;
(d) activities of skill development project of the company are not genuine; or
(e) activities of the skill development project of the company are not being carried out in accordance with the relevant provisions ofthe Act or the rules or the conditions subject to which the notification was issued,
he shall, after making appropriate inquiries, furnish a report on the circumstances referred to in clauses (a) to (e) to the CBDT for appropriate action under sub-rule (13) of rule 6AAF.
(7) If the NSDA is not satisfied about the genuineness of the activities of the notified skill development project, the NSDA shall send its recommendation to the CBDT for appropriate action under sub-rule (13) of rule 6AAF.
Never miss out on what’s new in GST,
Accounting, TDS, and Tax compliance.
Connect with us on WhatsAapp.