Form 15G and Form 15H to Avoid TDS on Income TaxMay 18, 2021
E-way bill generation maintains momentum in August | evidence of the growing economyDecember 22, 2021
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has extended the deadline to file Income Tax Return in view of the current coronavirus pandemic. This is a huge relief for the taxpayers whose income is affected due to the pandemic. The CBDT has announced the extension of ITR filing deadlines for the PY 2020-21 (FY21) i.e. Assessment Year 2021-22 (AY22), stating that the deadline of ITR filing is being extended so as people can get some relief during the Coronavirus crisis. The Central Board of Direct Taxes has brought these changes into effect under section 119 of the Income-tax Act, 1961.
Check Out the Extended Deadlines of Several Tax Compliance for PY 2021-21 (AY 2021-22)
- The extended date of filing ITR for the previous year 2020-2021 is now 30thSeptember 2021 instead of 31st July 2021 (for the persons not liable to tax audit).
- The extended date of filing ITR for assessee liable to tax audit is 30th November 2021 instead of 31stOctober 2021.
- The extended date for submission of the tax audit report is 31stOctober 2021 instead of 30thSeptember 2021.
- The date of filing belated or revised ITR has been extended to 31stJanuary 2022 from 31st December 2021.
- The date of filing SFT has been extended to 30th June 2021 from 31st May 2021.
- The last date to produce a reportable account statement has been changed from 31stMay 2021 to 30thJune 2021.
- The last date of TDS statement submission has been extended from 31st May 2021 to 30thJune 2021 for the fourth quarter of the FY 2020-21.
- The period for issuing Form-16 for employees has also been extended from 15th June 2021 to 15thJuly 2021.
CBDT has Also Extended the Deadlines of the Followings:
- Under sub-section-1 of section -139 of the Income Tax Act, the period of filing ITR for the assessment year 2021-22, which was 31stOctober 2021, has been extended to 30thNovember 2021.
- Under sub-section 1 of section -139 of the Income Tax Act, the period for filing ITR for the assessment year 2021-22, which was 30thNovember, has now been extended to 31stDecember 2021.